Monday, January 14, 2013

A Little Bit of San Francisco.....



Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  I had almost given up on the project above, but I was persuaded not to by my son.  My oldest son, Andy, is moving back to his beloved city of San Francisco to start a new job.  I wanted to give him a small house warming gift for his new apartment so I worked on an inkjet transfer onto wood using one of the photos I had taken there during a past trip.  I was not happy at all with the way it was turning out, but he saw a "diamond in the rough".  I had abandoned the project and written it off as a "fail".  He took one look at it and could tell that it could become a beauty, something he would love to  have in his new place.   So, with the encouragement of  one of my biggest cheerleaders, a.k.a. Andy, I resumed the project and finished it up.  I'm happy to say, I have reports of it making the trip to San Francisco safely and it is now in its new home.  
~

Here are a couple of pictures of the transfer of the Golden Gate Bridge onto a reclaimed lumber board.  Andy, I hope you like it and and that you enjoy being able to see a bit of the bridge every single day....clouds or no clouds:)



Below is the inkjet printout I used as a transfer onto the wooden board.  I love the end result as it appears to be very aged and weathered.


One of the benefits of having adult children that live in amazing locations is that I get to visit them in their wonderful cities......I sure can't wait for my next visit to San Francisco!

I hope you all have some wonderful trips planned for 2013.  Be sure to take lots of pictures.  You never know what special treasures and creations those photos will become.......

~ Alison