Sunday, February 23, 2014

A New Jewelry Organizer ~ Yes, Pallets Again!



Oh boy, I discovered another use for recycled pallets!  I love creating works of art that can be useful and, in turn, allow other items' beauty to be displayed.  I don't have as much jewelry as most gals, I have a specific allergy to precious metals.  My husband would love to buy me more jewels, but he just can't because the good stuff turns me green ~ poor guy.



However, I love woodworking, especially when it involves recycled or reclaimed lumber.  As you know, if you read my blog often, I love working with pallets.  This new creation is another result of tinkering around in my workshop.  I used a 17 inch board, sanded and stained.  I added two hooks near the top to hold a wooden dowel (a.k.a. bracelet bar) and nine hooks along the bottom to hang necklaces and rings from.  When it is laden with beautiful jewelry it is truly a work of art.  



I've sold a few of these in my Etsy shop and they've been big hits.  I just finished a custom job for a customer in Canada using the colors of her decor and making two companion boards so she would have lots of storage space.  I love working on special creations for friends and family and visitors to my Etsy shop.


I hope this mini-project inspires you to tinker and make a creation for yourself or a loved one. I'd love to hear about any projects you have made recently.  I'm so thankful to be back in the workshop after such a busy time with my day job.  I'm so blessed to have a job I love and a hobby and passion that helps me earn a little extra money for the kids' college fund (soon to be renamed Mom and Dad's Retirement Fund!).

Have a wonderful week,

~ Alison